Friday 3 February 2012

Cairo troubles

Oops, I'm a week late but hasn't alot happened since then. I am currently iting in in my lounge with the news on in the background which has a constant flow of images from Tahrir Square in Cairo. It definitely does not look pretty and I know that it's these are the images that everyone back in the UK are seeing too. Everything is fine where I stay and the only problem around here is that there are little police and security about so it is important that I just make sure that I don't go anywhere alone.

It's been an interesting time over the past two weeks (since the anniversary of the revolution in Egypt) and so much crime has been going here. On Tuesday, 2 hsbc banks were robbed and on the video footage you can even see one of my school buses because it happened just around the corner from where my school is. They were caught but things like this have never happened in Egypt before. The kidnapping of Chinese tourists is another incident too. An on a more personal note, a friend of mine was robbed just around the corner of her house. It was just bag that got stolen as a car drove past her. Note: don't carry a bag anymore. I need to go boy- style!

Jump shot in front of the Pyramids :D
On a more positive note, last Wednesday on our day off due to the revolution anniversary, myself and 8 other girls took a trip to the Sakara Pyramids. Steve, husband of one of the girls, cycled to meet us and took some fantastic photos which are on facebook. I managed to successfully enter a pyramid despite my huge fear of small enclosed spaces!! What an achievement hehe! Together with 2 others, we faced our fear :D

The past week has been quite a difficult one, I decided to go on a detox but I was already feeling rundown before doing so. I still have a cold and gave up the detox on day 3. I will definitely retry when I'm better.

Finally, I will start dance rehearsals again with Swaggers tomorrow and I can hopefully update you more on these positive notes. :)

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous jump shot! And well done in the teensy spaces. The rest of it is less good though - be careful, ok?
    x

    ReplyDelete