Wednesday 16 February 2011

An the holiday comes to an end.

Well I can't believe that it's over already. It feels like ages ago since I was sitting in the airport in Cairo but at the same time it feels like it's flown in so quickly. We have done quite alot of touristy things, chilled and relaxed lots and all in all had a fab wee break from the revolution going on in Egypt. We ended up having leeches sucking our blood today as we tracked through the rainforest in flip flops, shorts and t-shirt...who's idea was that? Egh it was not pretty when they grew in minutes knowing that they were holding blood!

It's been great to have the time to write, read, relax and sketch. It's made me think about what I really want...I want to bgirl! Or in other language..break dance. I've been saying this for a long time but now is the time to carry it through. I've been inspired and I'm getting to know others who are fantastic at the art. I ended up breaking some moves in a club last night for the first time with professional dancers (one of them being Madonna's dancer)...excellent!

Well I have had lots of sun, greenery, watching butterflies, pulling off leeches, walking through the rainforest, going up the KL tower, climbing the steps to the batu caves, eating with my hands from a banana leave, walking through many thunderstorms and eating amazing food from little stalls on the side of the road.

I really need to put up some pictures of my adventures here in Malaysia but I'm going to wait until I go back to Cairo. I can then describe them in a wee bit more detail. I emphasise the 'wee bit' because you know what I'm like...I'm not the best at writing long blogs!!

1 comment:

  1. do you have a date for going back? things seem to be quietening down now in Cairo, no headline news this morning- now it's Bahrain instead.

    ReplyDelete