Monday 28 February 2011

A typical day at school

Hello again! Man I really do need to get into a routine of writing this blog! There is always excuse after excuse for not writing it...and i think it needs to stop, which I'm sure you do too. I have just bought a nice new wee netbook laptop and a wee dongel so I really do have no excuse! My previous laptop which still works, likes to restart randomly every ten minutes or so just for the craic, as I like to put it. Plus...it wasn't allowing me to connect to our wireless internet for some unknown reason. I suppose I could have went to a wee electrical shop and sorted the problem but the fact that the CD rom drive has not been working for quite a while now...gave me the excuse to buy a very much wanted netbook. A great decision made all round I'd say. I hear you say... but there is no CD rom drive built into netbooks jo! alas...I bought an external CD rom drive haha!

Anyways...I should probably fill you in on the latest. The last time I updated you was just before leaving Malaysia and I gave a brief outline of some of the things I had done...the way I like to leave it to be honest. I'm quite lazy about telling stories as most of you know. But I will definitely put up some pictures and give a wee bit of  detail about them.

I've only been back in Egypt for just over a week and I feel like I've been here a lifetime already! So much has happened since then and I am a very happy chica. For one, Cairo is definitely getting back to normal. In fact it's really cool to see the community working together to look after their country. There are signs everywhere saying 'Keep your place clean' and uni students are out regularly sweeping and painting the kerb stones. Rather than the main point being to clean their country...I think they are trying to make a statement that they are proud to be Egyptian (as I have heard my Egyptian friends say alot!). It's awesome to watch. In saying all this, there is obviously still some tension as their problems have not yet been resolved...only half the battle is won and there seems to be an unease of what is to come.

On another note....dance. I am absolutely loving my time here at the moment because I have managed to find dancers!! I have been dancing and rehearsing with them for the past week and a half and it's been very cool to get to know some more people. I ended up dancing with some other Egyptian bboys and breaking some moves (managing not to break my neck!) on the dance floor. It's also helped me brush up a little on my arabic which I am determined to nail. Made a little friend in Radio shack (a wee shop up the road that sells electricals) tonight....says he's gonna teach me arabic if I help him with his English...sweet!

Me and Fay are trying to look our best after 36 hours of waiting around in airports and on planes. Hello Abu Dhabi!

This is the exotic pool outside the apartment we stayed in!

I look quite calm in this photo compared to reality. Those fish you can see are nibbling the skin off our feet! It was soooo tickly hehe. They are called fish doctor i think...I might have just made that up!

These are the official Batu caves with many steps to climb. It's well worth the climb though for the view at the top as well as the close encouter with monkeys up near the hindu temples. This was quite a wee trip with the added bonus of eating with our hands off a banana leaf...typical Indian cuisine.

Aah....my chum David....who I came to see and had an absolute blast with...miss you David!

Fay posing on a rock. This was our last day. We took a trip to the rainforest (one of many), called FRIM...can't remember what it stands for though haha ooops...typical me.

No comments:

Post a Comment