Friday 17 June 2011

A day with nothing to do

It feels absolutely great to be sitting in my pjammas on a Friday morning (the first day of my weekend) knowing that I have completely nothing to do for the rest of the day. I have not had this feeling in about 5 or 6 weeks. there has alwasy been something on my mind that I need to do or achieve by a certain date. reports are done, assessments are done and there is only one full week of school left. in saying all this, there are things that I do have to organise before the end of the school term, like packing up all my belongings to move flat and organising my classroom for the children leaving. But today...it's not pressing :D

Last night I had such a giggle! We found a hidden Chinese kareoke bar about two blocks round the corner from our flat. Luke knew where it was because he went the previous week and if he hadn't know where it was, I think it would've been impossible to find. We walked through this seedy looking building and had to climb the stairs of what looked like someone's flat. when we arrived it was a nice restaurant with kareoke booths in the back. It was such a funny night shared with friends from work and friends from Egypt! Lots of giggles involves.

Tonight is the QBB (Queen's Birthday Ball) in the British embassy in Zamalek (the little island in the middle of the Nile) and I am so excited because it's a good opportunity to dress up in a posh outfit and dance with my friends before we all seperate. It's going to be strange when they leave because lots of my friends are coming back to Cairo next year and have found jobs in other countries. I'm going to stay in Cairo for an extra month and just chill out so I can come back refreshed to the UK and see everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment