Thursday 7 July 2011

My New flat!

The summer holidays...at last! It's been over a week now since I have been off school and a lot has happened in that time. I'm currently chilling in my very very spacious and bright new flat which i have been dying to move into ever since I first viewed it about a month ago. It has 3 balconies!!! which I spent all day on Tuesday cleaning and  so I got covered in dust but it was well worth it. To have a balcony i'm sure sounds very lush and exotic to those at home but if you think about the weather in Egypt it is so important to get flow through air in such hot conditions and when I look around me, nearly every apartment has one of some sort. It's not a luxury here, just a normal add on to any building. But my old flat had a tiny one that joined on to both the boys' rooms....so not the easy to get to really.

Since I've moved in i have had a friend round to help me tidy and some of the guys from the crew came round last night to train together and to have some giggles of course. The actual side of my lounge and living area is bigger than one of the dance studios we used to rehearse in. Unfortunately with does have a mirrored wall but we'll get by! It is important that we spend more time together to get to know each other outside of rehearsals! We auditioned for Arabs Got Talent on Monday and it went okay but it could have been better. I think we were all just a little nervous to be honest. It's the first time we have entered a serious competition. We find out if we got through in September apparently so here's hoping we will. Inshalla as the Egyptians say (God willing...)

Before all that, I spent the weekend at the beach! Two different beaches actually. I stayed with 2 different mutual friends at their holiday homes and relaxed..... Yes I also got a little sunburnt but that of course is inevitable! I think I'm one of very view foreigners that has actually decided to stay in Egypt through some of the summer holidays so everyone else I have seen has been Egyptian. It's kind of nice in a way and I have chosen to spend some extra time here to catch up on valuable 'me time'. I have constantly been surrounded by people which is nice but I have missed spending time on my own and so while I am here in July I intend to train in dance as much as I can and relax too so that i am fully refreshed and ready to see all you guys again! i asm looking forward so much to seeing you!

1 comment:

  1. sounds lovely - are you going to have it all to yourself or share when folks come back after summer? And ... where's the photos????????

    ReplyDelete